Monday, November 28, 2005

Train Cake and Party

The Birthday Party





Everyone managed to make it even with the rain, most had not realised the excitement of the 'miniature trains', a surprise to many of those who had grown up in Canberra. I was assured the trains were not going to stop due to a 'little drizzle', it wasn't until de-railing of a train and the treat of a thunderstorm that they conceded defeat.

Thanks to everyone for coming despite the rain and for some the long car drive .

Luckily most of the food was demolished - we had caramelised onion, zucchini and tomato quiches, chocolate crackles (I halved the sugar they are still tasty), bliss bombs, fruit platter, chips, cucumber and carrot sticks, mum made spicy vegetarian samosa - worth coming to the party just to have those. The 'train' cake turned out ok - it was fun to make and the kids loved it, I have been using a Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake mix for birthday cakes, the cake tends not to fall apart when you ice it (my gluten free, fat free cakes crumble even sitting next to icing) and it stays moist for longer.

1 comment:

WillG said...

Treno Cake looks fantastico (hows my italian?), but the chicken looks even better!

I have the music score for you at work... hope you feel better soon.