Saturday, November 19, 2005

BBQ Picnic

Warning
Websites never to go to;

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php - (obviously some of us need to go to this site - you know who you are Will)
http://slashdot.org/ (Courtesy of Andrew N)
http://new.racingfrogsstumpycreek.com/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/ - (some game Morgan plays)
http://www.coolsiteoftheday.com

Today we went to a picnic for E's Birthday. B marinated steaks of kangaroo in teriyaki sauce, lime juice and garlic (thanks for the update Ben) for the BBQ, they were delicious. We bought some gluten free goats meat sausages , they were surprisingly mild in flavour, with slight overtones of fennel and rosemary.

Dinner was at Goong Goong and Pau Pau's, Goong Goong cooked a lovely soft beef stew with carrots and potatoes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Juzzy

can't believe I made your blog!

Kangaroo filletts marinated with teriyaki sauce, lime juice and galic
(yum), I think I got this off the back of one of the pre-packaged kangaroo packs

of course, being adelaidean, I prefer to get my kangaroo from a little place there in the central markets, Canberra only has a few places, supermarkets and the organic butcher in belco where you can get kangaroo, but its generally pre-packaged and not as good as the fresh thing.

ben

Justine said...

Ben
I remember the kangaroo from your last BBQ and raved about it then.

Thanks for the recipe and tips on buying, I will hopefully try your tuna recipe next week so you might get an honourable mention then as well.

J

Anonymous said...

juzzy... willo sent me... tis brendo mcendo here!

yes, I concur with your discussion on the merits of kangaroo fillets... I have discussed this topic at some length with my architectural cohort and have happily converted serveral germans, chinese and US visa holders to induce this fine delicacy. Although supermarkets do provide good fare, I would like to attempt a traditional 'road kill' meal as I am led to believe that the meat is fresher, and the bumper bar of cars has a tenderising effect... (!)

b

Justine said...

Brendo - so good to hear from you. I concur with your comments on the traditional 'road kill' method, these ancient techniques have almost been lost forever, it would be a good idea for you to return to Canberra for a series of practical exams, or at least a visit to discuss less serious matters !

Justine

Anonymous said...

1.brendo
although your idea has some merit, you cannot be an expert, or give claim to being an expert if you are relying on the advice of your 'mum'

2. Juz
Cannot believe you dissed the racing frogs site! that baby got me through the latter half of last year and seemed to be very popular in the office and indeed your own family. could it be you are secretly addicted to it?

Justine said...

Dear Anon - you assume I said not to go to the websites because they were bad, not because they are addictive....

J ;)