Monday, November 14, 2005

Orange Poppy Seed Cake

Freedomesity

J1 went Camping at Depot Beach this weekend with the kids, M and I. They said they had a fabulous time and the kids seemed unharmed by the adventure. No photos as the boys forgot to take any 'nappy snaps' but to welcome them home I had made our favourite cake.

Orange Poppy Seed

Preheat Oven - 180C, Grease and line pan, beat 125g butter, 110g caster sugar together, add 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon grated orange zest and 65ml milk. Stir and add 125g self raising flour. Bake for 45mins. Mix some sugar and orange/lemon or lime juice and rind together over low heat till sugar dissolves, pierce the cake with skewer and pour hot syrup onto cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake was lovely and sorry about the photos but we were having too much fun.

Justine said...

Thats ok Mike - thanks for taking them, oh I just remembered to call Wendy re your alterations !