Saturday, January 14, 2006

Primary Producer and Success with Vegetables

We have not had any rain for awhile and most of our plants are suffering. Similar I feel as if I had been subjugated to intense dehydration and a stress induced work load. Not to despair we have worked within the current water restrictions and still have strawberries, tomatoes, zucchini, squash and cucumber. All organic, gluten and pesticide free.

We went for a picnic down at the local lake. I made a rollade of prosciutto covered chicken, filled with a stuffing of breadcrumbs, semi dried tomatoes, capers and egg and served with a mango mayonnaise. We didn't have this until we got home as the kids needed to be out of the house NOW and we went for an early morning tea instead.

Success, don't know about you but my kids (especially J3) don't like to eat cooked vegetables. I roasted some vegetables, mashed them together with some cheddar and rolled them into shortcrust pastry. The pillows were scrutinised at first and finally eaten with gusto.

No comments: