Ok so I had to try it - this is my attempt at making Chocolate Gelato - J1 said I had given him too large a serve but of course he managed to suffer through it all. Apparently now I have to make a flourless chocolate pudding base to make the effort worthwhile - geez.....4 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups milk
3 1/2 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 1/2 oz cocoa powder
Beat egg yolks, add sugar, in saucepan bring milk to boil, remove and when slightly cooled add to egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly. Add chocolate (or melt separately in double boiler) and stir in until melted. Add cocoa powder and stir until mixture thickens slightly. Cool for around 2 hours and then add to ice cream maker, I had to freeze the mixture afterwards as the texture was still too runny (expect it's the fault of the cheap icecream maker - yes I should get paid more).






No comments:
Post a Comment