What a last few days - why is it that when you return from holiday you need a break? As J1 has been stuck out in 'some god forsaken' town, I have had the task of seemingly hopeless cleaning - dragging dust around the house, spreading around those sticky goops of fly and debris that accumulate after you have left the house unattended, its almost as if its trying to get back at you for leaving it behind. Mostly the garden has been ok although the front lawn looks as if someone has poured bleach on patches so that only the shadow of the tree and rock remain a strange contrasting green.I have made this year's New Years Evolution's list (yes I to want to either evolve into a higher life form or just have a better life) but I won't bore you with the details, rest assured the list is limited and hopefully I should have more success this year in achieving these than last.
When J1 finally returned I made him roast rack of lamb stuffed with breadcrumbs, anchovies, thyme, garlic, capers, lemon rind, maple syrup, mustard (mixed together with olive oil). We had this with freshly picked sugar snap peas, broccoli and everyone's favourite creamy potato gratin.






No comments:
Post a Comment