Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hip Hip Hooray

Its my birthday today - 36 is one of those numbers which looks no different upside down, saying that, it is (according to wikipedia) the New General Catalogue object NGC 36, a spiral galaxy in the constellation Pisces, which in itself isn't as interesting as it sounds but it does help me forget about the time I have squandered looking that up. Last year dad calculated the seconds I have left to live and I now have a brain explosion of a lime green digits counting backwards everytime I do something useless.

I received lots of kisses, phone calls, emails and presents so thanks to everyone for thinking about me (and especially for the kisses). O made me a cake (and was up till midnight thank you so much) and she wonders when I get time to write my blog.


My parents bought me a new cookbook - tossed (200 fast, fresh and fabulous salads) I have already made two today and think I may just start from the beginning and work through the recipes one by one. We had for lunch the 'prawn and rice noodle salad' and made for work lunches tomorrow the 'Indian marinated chicken salad with yoghurt dressing'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

You're a little hard on your stellar object, it's a barred spiral galaxy that was in the original NGC catalogue. They say about it:

Object of very weak glare, relatively small.

Sounds just like you.

Incidentally, 36 doesn't look the same upside-down, it pretty much looks more like 93 than anything else.

Justine said...

You really need to get your own blog Andy.

;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Momma J - I hope you had a lovely day.

Mike