On Tuesday we went to Courgette restaurant in Civic, the meals and wines were exceptional but my favourite experience was when the 'trio of chocolate' dessert arrived. When the dessert arrived that earthy burnt smell of cooked dark chocolate reached my nose. I couldn't work out why but then the chocolate ice cream (I have to describe it as more like a creamy frozen dark chocolate moose) started to melt and after tasting, I realised there was a dark chocolate pudding base under the icecream - what a surprising delight.The wines we had were a 1996 (Connawarra) Orchard Lane Cabernet Shiraz and a 2004 Matra Valley (NZ) Shingle Peak Sauvignon Blanc. James also had a dessert wine (NZ dessert riesling) called Ice Wine (as well as macerated berries with his dessert) - he promised that if he got pulled over he would say 'damn those macerated berries, I should have had the creme brulee!'






No comments:
Post a Comment