Finally a child free night. J1 and I thought we had better have a night together before the new year, I can't recall the last time - possibly last August? is this a normal behavior for parents? perhaps when the primary school year's kick in our integrated social life will be reinstated. We ate at Wok It Up to save money - it was good - smoky BBQ pork noodles, and laksa from the wet kitchen wok's. Then a movie - Harry Potter (second time for me) had the chance to see the constant garderner but the name put us off - I think this was a mistake as Harry's acting wasn't that inspired the first time let alone the second.A our neighbour organised a street get together at the local country club on Sunday, even though the food was mediocre it was a way to get the kids used to going out to dinner, most of the previous dinners out have been nightmarish usually ending in an excited J3 and J4 screaming 'look at me mummy' while somersaulting into a neighbouring table.
Christmas preparations underway - have to decide what to cook for Friday's feast. I started with a small treat from this month's Delicious magazine.
White Chocolate Bark
Simply melt some white chocolate, add toasted flaked almonds and dried cherries, cool and break into pieces - all I can say is I have had to restrict my visits to the fridge.
JB and A are coming to dinner tonight, they have produced an amazing Rose from their vineyard Moppity in Young so to compliment it I am cooking Neil Perry's Chicken Tagine, an eggplant and chickpea salad, rice and a coconut meringue cake.






No comments:
Post a Comment