Sunday, December 18, 2005

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Syrup

Preheat Oven to 200C. Mix 100g butter and 100g castor sugar together. Add 2 eggs. Stir in 250ml yoghurt, lemon zest, juice of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup poppy seeds. Stir in 375g self raising flour and 1/4 tspn baking soda. I also add 2 tbsps of coconut or some berries for a change. Spoon into patty cake tins. Cook for 20mins. Make a syrup - 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup sugar and lemon juice and zest. Pour over muffins.

I made a lasagne last night - Tip - this time I made the meat sauce with onion, garlic, capers, olives, tomatoes, wine and a bit more water than usual. I also made a large amount of white sauce (with freshly grated nutmeg) and laid it over of each meat layer - this seemed to make the lasagne very creamy and moist. Cook for at least 45mins.

No comments: