Garden ProduceWe are getting a punnet of raspberries and strawberries a day now - hope it lasts awhile, it feels as if I am in an Enid Blyton book when I go out collecting.
We have had a few leaving lunches for people at work this week.
I already miss O as she was usually the first to really chat to me in the morning - whoever gets in now receives an unexpected heartfelt greeting. V of course will be hard for me to forget, she was always happy to be around and has been great with the kids as well as being my movie and dinner buddy for the last 9 months.
I am off to O's now - she has a chef tool box 'tupperware' type party on where someone cooks you dinner and tries to sell you their products... will let you know what we cook....
We had thai beef salad, thai coleslaw and lemongrass pannacotta. It was pretty good as a cooking tip demonstration - spectacular knives (I just wanted to cut vegetables to keep using them) and the woman who took the class was previously head chef at Mezzalira in Civic so she gave tips on how to use the knives properly, how to tell if the steak was cooked by touch....
The pannacotta was rich and buttery smooth but tasted more like the palm sugar we added than lemongrass. The Thai beef salad was good too but a pretty standard recipe.
J1 cooked a pretty damn good stir fry in our new wok last week. Lots of veges and beancurd.






No comments:
Post a Comment