The Silly SeasonToday we I had a couple of Christmas parties, my work one was at Rubicon - a regular xmas party haunt for the firm, pity about the food, it is still average, the company was well.. a couple of tipsy people make for an interesting event, and yes - Will reminded me of my age again, which made me wonder when did I graduate from being a surrogate friend to a substitute mum? Probably my fault for spending time with 20 year olds.
The other was for the kids at the daycarecentre (all one word according to J3). Apparently J3 sung in the choir (before I got there) and Santa even came (who J3recognised straight away as K one of the carers) . They had made a folder up explaining all the things J4 had done last year and I hate to admit a couple of tears did fall - ok so what if I cried - lucky for me I didn't get to see J3 sing, that would have been it - restraining order out for losing it in public.
We had a BBQ for dinner on the weekend - it was roast beef (with rosemary and fennel), with a vegetable and Thai style herb salad. Might do something similar for Christmas dinner next week. The salad was a mixture of roasted pumpkin, carrot, potato, apple and garlic (a little olive oil and salt on mix before BBQing). Mix with coriander, common mint, kaffir lime leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and avocado. The dressing was a little fish sauce, olive oil, sugar, lemon and green chilli. The kids liked this one but without the herbs or dressing, I usually separate the vegetables out first and add the extras for us later.






4 comments:
Its good to see I make the blog even though I'm not food related... but then again, mothers are always talking about their kids... surrogate or otherwise... :)
Quiet time for you would be 22 minutes young man - so be careful ;)
whoops! boy do I have some goss for you... non-blog goss... its unbloggable... the ballet show was cool... :)
I take it from this you are in l..o..v..e? - send me an email!
Post a Comment