
This is really great on a hot summers night or picnic. The apple adds a dimension of sweet, sour and bite.
THAI PORK AND APPLE SALAD
400g pork fillet (I used scotch fillet)
2 medium green apples or mangoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic
4 green spring onions
1 red onion chopped
1 Tb fish sauce
3 Tb roasted peanuts crushed
1 Ts brown sugar
1 large green chilli (optional)
Juice of 1 lemon or lime
Cook pork fillets on BBQ or pan fry until just done , add garlic, and onions and cook for few minutes. Cool this mixture. Slice pork. Peel and slice apples into battens, sprinkle with salt. Mix fish sauce, sugar, lemon/lime juice, chilli and peanuts together for dressing. Add apples and pork mixture, serve with fried onions and mint if desired.

We have discovered roll up sandwiches, just in time for J3 to start school. She likes her's with cream cheese and grated carrot. J4 loves avocado, peanut butter and grated cheddar. These will be welcome option from the wholemeal crackers and cherry tomatoes menu.






2 comments:
Hi Justine,
I'm not sure but I think that apple might be a fruit. I guess you must have told James its crispy eggplant so he'll eat it!
See you,
Mike
You know James Mike, he isn't into eggplant at the moment, had to have this when he was in Adelaide. I might try and pass it off as daikon radish next time.
Post a Comment