Friday, January 05, 2007

In focus


A small new year snack - sundried tomatoes and persian feta in a crisp pastry case.



I kind of like my previous spider shot but I guess that's art for you - here is a more conventional 'in focus' shot for you AM. If you look closely his eyes follow you. Happy Birthday for the 4th Simon - hope you had a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do indeed. Do you know what he is?

Justine said...

Its an Saint Andrew's Cross Spider
Argiope keyserlingi
Family Araneidae (Araneomorphae)
Named by Friedrich Karsch in 1878; the genus name is from the Greek Argiope = a nymph; the species name honours Dr E. Keyserling, the 19th century student of Australian spiders.

Anonymous said...

Hey Justine,
Happy New Year and Happy Birthday! (I think that your birthday is tomorrow- as I have a vague memory of it happening about this time of the year last year) Hope the year to come would be great and enjoyable.
I hope you are all well and that we can catch up sometime.
Cheers,
Osnat

Justine said...

Thanks Osnat - hope you got a good home for the rabbit's, we must catch up soon.

Justine