We have had lots of stir fry's and I bought Kylie Kwong's Simple Chinese Cooking which I cant stop cooking out of, everything tastes likes mum's cooking and I even put my rice in the left over sauce as I used to when I was younger. My favourite dishes are the prawn fried rice, the beef and oyster sauce and the steamed tofu.
I have been substituting gluten free flour in most of my baking recipes, the best ones are the ones with lots of nuts or fruit so the gluten free flour taste doesn't overpower the dish. I will try the pizza mix this week and let you know the outcome - Stephen said it is terrible.

Gluten free Rhubarb and coconut Slice
100g butter, melted, 1/3 cup caster sugar, 1 cup gluten free flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup of stewed rhubarb
Preheat oven to 180C. Make coconut topping, mix 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons caster sugar and 1 cup flaked or desiccated coconut together.
Mix butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, coconut and milk together. Press into tin, bake till golden. Cool. Spread over stewed rhubarb and coconut topping. Cook till golden.






1 comment:
I have officially updated my blog.
W
Post a Comment