Saturday, July 15, 2006

Kids City


Today was J4's friend from Daycarecentre Harry's 3rd Birthday, we splashed off in the rain to Kids City in Mitchell.

It was suprisingly a great afternoon, I found myself feeling lost as the kids had a dedicated carer who took them around the playground, fed them inappropriate food, and kept them happy. I usually have to stay close to make sure small little things don't turn into larger more problematic ones, instead I small talked with other misplaced parents and we left more informed about the kids our children spend most of the week with.

We had Nacho's for dinner, a disaster to begin with - a red card was given and it was deemed off. A review of ingredients and a quick shop and we ended up with a quick and delicious meal. Fry onion, garlic and minced beef till brown, add kidney beans, tin of tomatoes and spices (paprika and cumin), place some organic/low salt corn chips around the edge of a tray, spoon mixture into centre, top with cheese. Cook in 200C oven for 15mins, serve with mashed avocado and lite sour cream dolloped on top.

No comments: