Sunday, May 28, 2006

Spinach and the long road

About a year ago we found out that Jade loved to help make and eat pesto, this and avocado are the only two so called 'green vegetables' she will eat. Today I made spinach, pesto and cheese swirls (pesto, thawed frozen spinach, grated chedder, parmesan and feta cheeses wrapped in puff pastry) - I told her they had pesto in them but forgot to mention the spinach. She ate 4 in a row. The question is - have I crossed that line? the fact, fiction, tiny white lie compromise that invades our speech for behaviour modification. Guilty or not? I don't feel so good.

J1 has a project, a cubby house - it took yesterday to plan and it has started to take shape already, I will post some photos to show progress.

The kids have been planting 'magic beans' with me but I think they will be disappointed when they see its just a plain old broad bean.

No comments: